Saturday, October 29, 2022

Jesus Sent and Sending - John 17:18

The apostle John wrote how Jesus prayed to His Father God about His disciples, I have given them your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth”, and in chapter seventeen and verse eighteen of his book John shared how Jesus prayed, “as you have sent me … so have I also sent them” where we read:

As you have sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The verse reads,As you have sent me into the world, ... John began with the words, “as you have sent me” which means “in the likeness and same manner that you, Heavenly Father God, have dispatched and assigned me, Jesus” “into the world” or “to the earth and it's inhabitants”, I, Jesus, have done the following. John shared how Jesus referred to the way God the Heavenly Father assigned Him to the world, and He did the following.

The verse continues, “... even so have I also sent them into the world.” John added the words, “even so I also sent them” or “indeed I, Jesus, have dispatched and assigned them, the disciples of Jesus” “into the world” which means “to the earth and it's inhabitants”. John shared how Jesus told His Heavenly Father that He “dispatched” His disciples into the “earth” in the same manner the Heavenly Father “dispatched” Him.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus recalled how He was put on “assignment” in the earth by His Heavenly Father, and He “assigned” His disciples to the earth as well. The plan of redemption and salvation of mankind was underway, and Jesus was to fulfill the requirements for all mankind who believe and trust in Him to be forgiven for their sins. Jesus' disciples would carry on that message after He ascended to His Father in Heaven, and at that point, the responsibility for sharing the “gospel” or “good news” of Jesus Christ with the world would be theirs. God loves people, and He dispatched Jesus to be the perfect sacrifice for sins so people may live with Him in Heaven throughout all eternity. Let all who read these words become believers in Jesus who fulfilled God's “assignment” and passed it on to everyone who surrenders to Him.

Next time John shares how Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father God about His disciples saying, “for their sakes, I sanctify myself”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment