Friday, October 14, 2022

The True Vine - John 15:1

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told His disciples, Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and had nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go from here”, and in chapter fifteen and verse one of his book John shared how Jesus proclaimed, “I am the true vine”, where we read:

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

The verse reads,I am the true vine, ... John began with the words, “I am” which means “I, Jesus, exist as” “the true vine” or “the truthful vine as coiling about a support”. John shared how Jesus said He was the “truthful” “vine”.

The verse continues, ... and my Father is the husbandman.John added the words, “and my Father” which means “and my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God” “is the husbandman” or “exists as the tiller of the soil and vine dresser”. John shared how Jesus said His “Heavenly Father God” exists as the “tiller of the soil and vine dresser”.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we discover another agrarian analogy Jesus employed to describe the Kingdom of God. Jesus was like a “truthful vine” in a vineyard for which His “Heavenly Father God” was to care for like a “husbandman”. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be a “Savior and Lord” to every person who believes and trusts in Him. Jesus was to be “the way, the truth and the life” to everyone who yields to Him, and He thereby becomes the “truthful vine” of life over which His Father God is watching and oversees.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment