Saturday, January 13, 2024

Deliver Me, O My God - Psalms 71:4

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “In you, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline your ear unto me, and save me. Be you my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: you have given commandment to save me; for you are my rock and my fortress”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse four of Psalms David said, “Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked” where we read,

Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

The verse begins, Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, ... David began with the words, “deliver me” or “liberate, rescue and save me, David”, “O my God” which means “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “out of the hand” or “from the strength, power and terror” ”of the wicked” which means “belonging to the criminal, guilty of sin and hostile to God”. David appealed to the Divine judge Jehovah God to save him from the strength and power of criminal and evil people.

The verse continues,... out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. David added the words, “out of the hand” or “from the strength, power and terror” “of the unrighteous” which means “belonging to the wrongful, deviate and morally distorted” “and cruel man” or “and leavened, sour, embittered, oppressive and ruthless person”. David wanted to be saved from the power and might of people who are morally distorted and ruthless.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we realize David's desire to be saved by Jehovah God from evil, wrongful and ruthless people. Even though David had a personal relationship with Jehovah God, he encountered people who were evil in his life. David wanted to be liberated from them, and He knew to appeal to God for salvation. Every person is under the oppression of Satan and his followers. Sin marks every person's life, and the penalty for sin is death. (See Romans 3:10; 3:23 and 6:23) Jehovah God sent His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and rescued from the power and might of Satan and those who align with his evil ways.

Next time David says, “your are my hope, O Lord GOD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment