Sunday, January 21, 2024

My Feet Were Almost Gone - Psalms 73:2

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse two of Psalms Asaph said, “as for me, my feet were almost gone” where we read,

But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well near slipped.

The verse begins, But as for me, my feet were almost gone; Asaph began with the words, “but as for me” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Asaph, my own self”, “my feet were almost gone” which means “my, Asaph's, physical feet, footing, foothold and support were nearly turned aside, spread out, bent low and thrust away”. Asaph said his foothold and support nearly slipped and were thrust away.

The verse continues,my steps had well near slipped. Asaph added the words, “my steps” or “my, Asaph's, going” “had well near slipped” which means “had just about been poured out, spilled forth and intensively sprawled”. Asaph said his goings were nearly spilled forth and sprawled out.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learned how Asaph was greatly troubled over conditions we shall discover in our next few verses. In other words, Asaph was overwhelmed. God knows there were be situations and circumstances which we encounter that are very difficult and nearly trip us up. When these times come, we must remember that God sent His only begotten son Jesus into the world to die for our sins so we may be forgiven and inherit everlasting life with Him. Sometimes, our “feet” will be “almost gone” and our “steps” will nearly slip, but we may look to Jehovah God who is aware of everything we encounter in this life and shall experience in the life to come.

Next time Asaph says, “I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment