Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Speaking and Offending - Psalms 73:15

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked”, and because they seem to prosper Asaph said, “all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse fifteen of Psalms Asaph said, If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offendwhere we read,

If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of your children.

The verse begins, If I say, I will speak thus; Asaph began with the words, “If I say” or “whether and in case I, Asaph, utter, declare and proclaim”, “I will speak thus” which means “I, Asaph, shall utter, declare and proclaim like and according to the manner of being plagued and chastened every morning, the following would occur”. Asaph said if he continued to say things like being plagued and chastened every day, the following would occur.

The verse goes on to say,behold, I should offend against the generation of your children. Asaph continued with the words, “behold, I should offend against” or “lo, look and consider, I, Asaph, would act treacherously, deceitfully and offensively toward” “the generation of your children” which means “the period, age and revolution of time belonging to your, offspring, progeny and descendants”. Asaph said should he continue speaking in despairingly ways, he would act treacherously and deceitfully toward future offspring of the people.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Asaph knew it was not good for him to continue speaking despondently because it would not only affect the people around him, but would also impact the offspring of the people as well. God knows how we feel when we spot injustices in this world, and He is aware when we speak against them. We may know this, God loves everyone, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and assure us that He shall contend with anyone who causes us to speaking despondently against their evil and flourishing.

Next time Asaph says, When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment