Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Praising God with the Psaltery - Psalms 71:22

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said to Jehovah God, “You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side, and in chapter seventy-one and verse twenty-two of Psalms David said, “I will also praise you with the psaltery” where we read,

I will also praise you with the psaltery, even your truth, O my God:

unto you will I sing with the harp, O you Holy One of Israel.

The verse begins, I will also praise you with the psaltery, even your truth, O my God: David began with the words, “I will also” or “I, David, shall even so and indeed” “praise you with the psaltery” which means “give thanks, laud, revere and worship you, Jehovah God, by the use of the harp, lute, guitar or stringed musical instrument”, “even your truth” or “indeed your, Jehovah God's, firmness, faithfulness, sureness and reliability” , “O my God” which means “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David shared how he would worship and give thanks to the Divine judge Jehovah God and His faithfulness by the use of a stringed musical instrument.

The verse goes on to say,unto you will I sing with the harp, O you Holy One of Israel. David continued with the words, “unto you” or “toward you, Jehovah God” “will I sing” which means “shall I, David, make music and songs with my voice” “with the harp” or “by the use of the lyre”, “O you Holy One” which means “O you, Jehovah God, who exists as the ceremonially and religiously sacred One” “of Israel” or “belonging to Israel whose name means God prevails and the name of the descendants and the nation of the descendants of Jacob”. David declared that he would use his singing voice to make musical songs accompanied by a lyre to the ceremonially and religiously sacred God who belonged to “Israel”.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David broke out in worship and praise unto Jehovah God because of His faithfulness and sureness. He employed the use of his voice and musical instruments to honor and give glory to the “Sacred One” of “Israel”. Anyone who understands that God sent His only begotten Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for their sins and believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven and granted everlasting life with Him. God loved David, and He loves us, and we have the opportunity to give the “Sacred God of the Universe” honor, glory, praise and worship for who He is and what He has done.

Next time David says, “My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment