Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sustained from the Womb - Psalms 71:6

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For you are my hope, O Lord GOD: you are my trust from my youth”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse six of Psalms David said, “by you have I been holden up from the womb” where we read,

By you have I been holden up from the womb:

you are he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of you.

The verse begins, By you have I been holden up from the womb: David began with the words, “by you” or “through the means of you, Jehovah God” “have I been holden up” which means “I, David, have been supported, sustained, refreshed and revived” “from the womb” or “separate and apart from the hollow, belly or abdomen of his mother”. David said Jehovah God sustained and supported him from the time he was in his mother's womb.

The verse continues,you are he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of you. David added the words, “you are he” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as the One” “that took me out” which means “who cut, severed and portioned me, David, from out” “of my mother's bowels” or “of my, David's, immediate female progenitor and ancestor's internal organs of procreation or womb”: “my praise” which means “my, David's, song or hymn of adoration, thanksgiving and laudation” “shall be continually of you” or “will be constantly and perpetually pertaining to you, Divine judge Jehovah God. David shared how Jehovah God delivered him from the womb of his mother, and therefore he would constantly sing songs of adoration and thanksgiving to Him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David acknowledged the care and concern of Jehovah God from the time He was in his childhood and in the womb of his mother. David knew God delivered and took care of him from his mother's belly, and this caused him to sing songs and hymns of adoration and thanksgiving to God. God decided that we would be born. God watched over us from the time of our birth, and God cares for us today. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we put our faith and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and care for us throughout eternity. Let us join David in songs of “praise” and thanksgiving for His provision for us from before we were born and until forever and ever.

Next time David says, “I am as a wonder unto many”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment