Sunday, January 14, 2024

O God, Be Not Far From Me - Psalms 71:12

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “my enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together, saying, God has forsaken him: persecute and take him; for there is none to deliver him”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “O God, be not far from me” where we read,

O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.

The verse begins, O God, be not far from me: David began with the words, “O God” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “be not far from me” which means “do not become distant, removed, separate and apart from me, David”. David appealed to the Divine judge Jehovah God not to become distant and removed from him.

The verse goes on to say,O my God, make haste for my help. David continued with the words, “O my God” or “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “make haste for my help” which means “act speedily, come quickly and hurry on behalf of my, David's, succor, aid and assistance”. David beckoned the Divine judge Jehovah God to hurry and give him assistance.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David made an appeal to Jehovah God not to keep Himself apart from him, and he wanted God to hurry up and give him aid. No one should want to be abandoned by Jehovah God, and when he encountered people who hated him, David wanted God to hurry up and “help” him. God loves people, and His desire is to be with us when we yield to His Son Jesus who came into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe in, trust in, rely upon and cling to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and hear our pleas to not be separated from Him and to help us in our time of need. (See Philippians 4:19)

Next time David says, “let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment