Friday, January 12, 2024

In the LORD I Put My Trust - Psalms 71:1

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said in verse one, “In you, O LORD, do I put my trust” where we read,

In you, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

The verse begins, In you, O LORD, do I put my trust: David began with the words, “in you” or “within you, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “do I put my trust” or “do I, David, place, set, fix and establish my, David's, faith, confidence, rescue, hope and protection”, “O God” which means “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David said he put his faith and confidence within the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,let me never be put to confusion. David continued with the words, “let me never” or “allow and permit me, David, not to at any time” “be put to confusion” which means “exist as ashamed, disconcerted and disappointed”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to allow him to be ashamed, disconcerted and disappointed.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David placed his faith and confidence in Jehovah God, and he wanted God not to allow him to be ashamed or disappointed. David had a personal relationship with God, and God desires the same with every person. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and whoever believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins, granted eternal life and have the company of God in every affliction and difficulty. Let us humble ourselves, put our faith and trust in Jehovah God and His Son Jesus and never be put to shame and disappointment.

Next time David says, “Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment