Thursday, January 25, 2024

My Flesh and My Heart Fails - Psalms 73:26

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph asked Jehovah God, “Whom have I in heaven but you? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside you”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse twenty-six of Psalms Asaph said, my flesh and my heart failswhere we read,

My flesh and my heart fails: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

The verse begins, My flesh and my heart fails: Asaph began with the words, “my flesh” or “my, Asaph's, body and physical power” “and my heart fails” which means “and my, Asaph's, inner man, soul, mind, will, desire, living being and seat of emotions and passions cease, are consumed, end and are wasted away”. Asaph declared his physical body and strength as well as his soul and mind to be ceased and wasted away.

The verse continues,but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Asaph added the words, “but God is the strength” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover the Divine judge Jehovah God exists as the block of stone, boulder and foundation” “of my heart” which means “belonging to my, Asaph's, inner man, soul, mind, will, desire, living being and seat of emotions and passions”, “and my portion” or “and my, Asaph's, share, part, territory and possession” “for ever” which means “for long duration, continuous existence and perpetual, indefinite and unending future”. Asaph said Jehovah God existed as the foundation of his soul and mind because He was his share and possession for all eternity.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how Asaph noted his “flesh and heart's” inability to maintain themselves, however, Jehovah God was the foundation of his thinking and emotions. In other words, God was superior to Asaph's own thoughts and feelings. God's desire is to have this type of reassuring relationship with every person who will yield to His Son Jesus. God sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our sure foundation both now and into eternity. (See Isaiah 28:16 and 2 Timothy 2:19)

Next time Asaph says, they that are far from you shall perish, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment