Thursday, January 25, 2024

Whom Have I in Heaven But You? - Psalms 73:25

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said to Jehovah God, “You shall guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse twenty-five of Psalms Asaph asked, whom have I in heaven but you?where we read,

Whom have I in heaven but you? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside you.

The verse begins, Whom have I in heaven but you? Asaph began with the words, “Whom have I in heaven” or “what person do I, Asaph, possess in the visible universe, sky and atmosphere” “but you” which means “except you, Divine judge Jehovah God”? Asaph questioned what person he could possess other than the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,and there is none upon earth that I desire beside you. Asaph continued with the words, “and there is none upon earth” or “and there exists not one person in the world” “that I desire beside you” which means “that I, Asaph, delight, take pleasure in and am inclined to other than you, Divine judge Jehovah God”. Asaph said there existed no person in the world for which he had a passion and pleasure other than Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how Asaph has a proper perspective in his relationship with God and people upon the earth. No one compares in heaven or earth to Jehovah God. In other words, Asaph put God in his proper place. Jesus said, “Seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you” (See Matthew 6:33), and when we have God first in our lives over everyone else, He will provide for our needs according to His riches in glory. (See Philippians 4:19). God demonstrated His love toward all people when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for their sins, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and show us His proper place in our lives above all others.

Next time Asaph says, my flesh and my heart fails, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment