Sunday, January 14, 2024

My Enemies Speak Against Me - Psalms 71:10

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength fails”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse ten of Psalms David said, “my enemies speak against me” where we read,

For my enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together,

The verse begins, For my enemies speak against me; David began with the words, “for my enemies” or “because, since and on account that my, David's, hating foes and adversaries” “speak against me” which means “utter, declare and proclaim words in opposition to me, David”. David shared how his hating foes and adversaries were talking in opposition to him.

The verse goes on to say,and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together, David continued with the words, “and they that lay wait” or “and they, David's hating foes and adversaries, who lurk, keep guard, observe and give heed” “for my soul” which means “for my, David's, inner man, heart, mind, living being, desire and seat of appetites, emotions and passions” “take counsel together” or “consult, purpose, devise and make plans with one another.”. David said his hating adversaries consulted with one another as they observed and gave heed to his inner man, heart, mind and will.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David's hating foes were talking bad about him as they plotted and planned against his inner man, heart and mind. We can only imagine how David felt as he encountered so many people who were against him. God knew, and he loved David. Although David faced opposition with their gathering, planning and lurking against him, he had a personal relationship with Jehovah God. God wants to have a personal relationship with everyone, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins which separated people from Him. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us as we encounter people who observe our lives and gather to oppose our souls.

Next time David shares how his enemies say, “God has forsaken him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment