Tuesday, January 16, 2024

My Lips Greatly Rejoicing - Psalms 71:23

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said to Jehovah God, “I will also praise you with the psaltery, even your truth, O my God: unto you will I sing with the harp, O you Holy One of Israel, and in chapter seventy-one and verse twenty-three of Psalms David said, “My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto you” where we read,

My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto you; and my soul, which you have redeemed.

The verse begins, My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto you; David began with the words, “my lips” or “my, David's, language, speech and talk” “shall greatly rejoice” which means “will cry aloud, shout for joy and give a ringing cry” “when I sing unto you” or “at the time and moment I, David, use my voice to make music toward you, Jehovah God”. David said the “lips” of his mouth would give a ringing cry as he made music with his voice toward Jehovah God.

The verse continues,and my soul, which you have redeemed. David added the words, “and my soul” or “and my, David's, inner man, heart, mind, living being, desire and seat of emotions and passions”, “which you have redeemed” which means “that you, Jehovah God, have ransomed, rescued, delivered and preserved”. David declared that his inner man, mind and heart would also shout for joy because Jehovah God rescued, ransomed and delivered him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David's “lips and soul” would rejoice as he gave praise and honor to Jehovah God. David would use his “voice” to loudly cry out in song to God because God saved and rescued his heart and mind. God is willing to save anyone who will believe and trust in His Son Jesus who came into the world to die for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and make Himself available to us so our “lips and soul” may rejoice exceedingly as we give honor, praise and glory to Him.

Next time David says, “My tongue also shall talk of your righteousness all the day long”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment