Saturday, January 13, 2024

You are My Hope, O Lord GOD - Psalms 71:5

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse five of Psalms David said, “your are my hope, O Lord GOD” where we read,

For you are my hope, O Lord GOD: you are my trust from my youth.

The verse begins, For you are my hope, O Lord GOD: David began with the words, “for you are my hope” or “because, since and on account that you, Divine judge Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, expectation, cord and thing longed for”, “O Lord GOD” which means “O Adonay or reverent Master Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David proclaimed the reason Jehovah God could rescue him from evil people was because He was David's expectation and longed for one.

The verse goes on to say,you are my trust from my youth. David continued with the words, “you are my trust” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, confidence, refuge and security” “from my youth” which means “separate and apart from my, David's, childhood or early life”. David declared Jehovah God to be his confidence and security from the time he was young and as a child.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David places his expectancy and longing within Jehovah God. He experienced God's security from the time he was young, and God continued to be with him all his life. God is eternal, and He is willing to be our refuge both now and into eternity. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He forgives our sin, grants us everlasting life and becomes our safety and “hope” regardless of who or what we encounter.

Next time David says, “by you have I been holden up from the womb”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment