Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Until I Went to the Sanctuary - Psalms 73:17

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked”, and because they seem to prosper Asaph said, “When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse seventeen of Psalms Asaph said, Until I went into the sanctuary of Godwhere we read,

Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

The verse begins, Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Asaph began with the words, “until I went” or “till the time when I, Asaph, proceeded and went forth” “into the sanctuary” which means “into the sacred and holy place or temple” “of God” or “belonging to the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. Asaph said he continued to feel “pain” within his mind and soul till the time he went to the sacred temple or “sanctuary” belonging to the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,then understood I their end. Asaph continued with the words, “then understood I” or “at that time I, Asaph, perceived, discerned, discovered and considered” “their end” which means “their, the foolish and wicked people's, last, hindermost, remnant and reward”. Asaph said he discerned the final reward for the people who are foolish and wicked.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how Asaph went to the sacred place of God, and there, His perspective about the foolish and wicked people changed. There would be a final reckoning for all the people who violated God's ways and laws, and there will certainly be an accounting for everyone. God knew this, and because everyone has sin in their lives, we needed someone to die for our sins. (See Romans 6:23) Jesus came into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to understand that the prospering of the wicked and foolish people is temporary at best and will not go unattended by God at His judgment.

Next time Asaph says, surely you did set them in slippery places, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment