Friday, January 26, 2024

It is Good to Draw Near to God - Psalms 73:28

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “My flesh and my heart fails: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from you shall perish: you have destroyed all them that go a whoring from you”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse twenty-eight of Psalms Asaph said, it is good for me to draw near to Godwhere we read,

But it is good for me to draw near to God:

I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all your works.

The verse begins, But it is good for me to draw near to God: Asaph began with the words, “but it is good for me” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover the following exists as pleasant, agreeable and excellent on my, Asaph's, behalf” “to draw near” which means “to approach closely” “to God” or “toward the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. Asaph said it was pleasant and agreeable for him to closely approach the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse continues,I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all your works. Asaph added the words, “I have put my trust” or “I, Asaph, have placed, set, fixed and established my, Asaph's, hope, refuge and shelter” “in the Lord GOD” which means “within Adonay or the reverent master Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”, “that I may declare” or “so I, Asaph, might reckon, make account of, number and commune” “all your works” which means “each, every, the whole and every one of your, Divine judge Jehovah God's, works, businesses, workmanship and service”. Asaph said he placed his faith and hope within the reverent master Jehovah God, so that he might tell of each and every act and deed produced by Him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how Asaph concluded this Psalm by recognizing how pleasant it was for him to stay close to “God”. He shared how he place his faith and hope in Jehovah God, and this allowed him to declare all the wonderful acts and deeds He produced. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be empowered to make declarations about His wonderful acts of salvation to people all over the world.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see Asaph ask, O God, why have you cast us off for ever?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment