Thursday, January 25, 2024

Guide Me with Your Counsel - Psalms 73:24

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked”, and because they seem to prosper Asaph said, “So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before you. Nevertheless I am continually with you: you have holden me by my right hand”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse twenty-four of Psalms Asaph said, you shall guide me with your counselwhere we read,

You shall guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

The verse begins, You shall guide me with your counsel, ... Asaph began with the words, “you shall guide me” or “you, Divine judge Jehovah God, will straiten, lead and govern me, Asaph” “with your counsel” which means “by the use of your, Jehovah God's, advice and purpose”. Asaph told Jehovah God that He would lead him by the use of His advice, prudence and plan.

The verse continues,... and afterward receive me to glory. Asaph added the words, “and afterward” or “and following Jehovah God's leading and guidance” “receive me to glory” which means “take, fetch, lay hold of, seize and acquire me, Asaph, toward honor, abundance, splendor and dignity”. Asaph said after the time he is lead by Jehovah God, he asked Him to lay hold of him to honor, splendor and victory.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how Asaph understood that the Divine judge Jehovah God would lead him with His advice, and after following Jehovah, Asaph would be acquired by God forever. This is God's plan of salvation for mankind. Everyone has sin in their lives, and Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us on earth by His Holy Spirit until His purposes and plans for us are complete. Afterward, He will receive us into Heaven where we shall spend all eternity living in His glory and honor forever.

Next time Asaph asks, whom have I in heaven but you?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment