Saturday, January 13, 2024

A Wonder to Many - Psalms 71:7

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For you are my hope, O Lord GOD: you are my trust from my youth. By you have I been holden up from the womb: you are he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of you”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse seven of Psalms David said, “I am as a wonder unto many” where we read,

I am as a wonder unto many; but you are my strong refuge.

The verse begins, I am as a wonder unto many; David began with the words, “I am as a wonder” or “I, David, exist as a sign, miracle, portent or token” “unto many” which means “to an abounding, numerous and abundant amount of people”. David declared himself to be an amazement and miracle to a great number of people.

The verse continues,but you are my strong refuge. David added the words, “but you” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, Jehovah God” “are my strong refuge” which means “exist as my, David's, mighty, majestic and powerful shelter, hope and trust”. David said Jehovah God was his powerful shelter and hope.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David's life became an enigma to the people who surrounded Him. Jehovah God was David's shelter and hope, and therefore his life became a witness to the power and might of God within him. David had a personal relationship with God, and God desires this type of relationship with everyone. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our hope and trust for whatever we encounter. Our lives become a testimony to others of the power of God working in us, and we are a “wonder” to all who observe.

Next time David says, “let my mouth be filled with your praise … and honor”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment