Thursday, January 25, 2024

Continually with You - Psalms 73:23

In Psalms chapter seventy-three Asaph said, “I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked”, and because they seem to prosper Asaph said, “So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before you”, and in chapter seventy-three and verse twenty-three of Psalms Asaph said, I am continually with youwhere we read,

Nevertheless I am continually with you: you have holden me by my right hand.

The verse begins, Nevertheless I am continually with you: Asaph began with the words, “Nevertheless I am continually” or “notwithstanding, moreover and these things being so I, Asaph, exist perpetually and continuously” “with you” which means “along and beside you, Divine judge Jehovah God”. Asaph declared himself to be constantly and continuously alongside the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,you have holden me by my right hand. Asaph continued with the words, “you have holden me” or “you, Divine judge Jehovah God, have taken hold, seized and took possession of me, Asaph” “by my right hand” which means “through the means of my, Asaph's, right physical hand of power and authority. Asaph said the Divine judge Jehovah God possessed and seized him by his right hand of authority.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how Asaph determined to be constantly with Jehovah God because He seized Asaph's hand. Asaph learned that God had everything in control even though Asaph thought He was unaware and aloof. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and keep us by His power and might.

Next time Asaph says, you shall guide me with your counsel, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment