Monday, January 15, 2024

Taught from My Youth - Psalms 71:17

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said to Jehovah God, “I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of your righteousness, even of yours only”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, “O God, you have taught me from my youth” where we read,

O God, you have taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared your wondrous works.

The verse begins, O God, you have taught me from my youth: David began with the words, “O God” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “you have taught me” which means “you, Jehovah God, have diligently trained, exercised and instructed me, David” “from my youth” or “since my, David's, childhood and early life”. David recognized the instruction that came to him from God from the time of his childhood.

The verse continues,and hitherto have I declared your wondrous works. David added the words, “and hitherto” or “and here and now” “have I declared” which means “have I, David, told, announced, made known, informed and expounded” “your wondrous works” or “your, Jehovah God's, marvelous, wonderful, surpassing, distinguished and extraordinary acts, deeds, miracles and wonders”. David said from that here and now he would proclaim and make known the extraordinary and wonderful acts and deeds of Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David made note of the instruction of Jehovah God that came to him from the time he was a child, and he purposed to speak of God's marvelous acts and deeds to everyone. We have his Psalms and songs to this day, and we are benefitted by the blessing of God in David's life and David's willingness to share with us through His words. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so we can be forgiven, inherit everlasting life and experience the wondrous works of God in our own lives. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we have the opportunity not only to remember God's work in our lives, but also that we shall spend the rest of our lives telling others about Him.

Next time David says, “when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment