Friday, January 12, 2024

Deliver Me and Cause Me to Escape - Psalms 71:2

In Psalms chapter seventy-one David said, “In you, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion”, and in chapter seventy-one and verse two David said, “Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape” where we read,

Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline your ear unto me, and save me.

The verse begins, Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape: David began with the words, “deliver me” or “snatch away, liberate and rescue me, David” “in your righteousness” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, rightness, justice, justification, vindication and prosperity”, “and cause me to escape” or “and save, deliver, make secure and bring me, David, to safety”. David beckoned Jehovah God to liberate, rescue and make him safe and secure.

The verse continues,incline your ear unto me, and save me. David added the words, “incline your ear unto me” or “stretch out, extend and bend your, Jehovah God's, organ for hearing, audience and perception toward me, David”, “and save me” which means “and rescue, liberate and deliver me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to listen to him and rescue him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn about David's appeal to Jehovah God to rescue and liberate him according to His rightness and justice, and God alone could bring him to safety. David wanted Jehovah God to listen to him and rescue him, and God was certain not only to hear him, but also to liberate him. God desires to save every person from the penalty of death for their sins, and Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and hear and “save” us when we call upon Him.

Next time David says, “Be you my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment