Thursday, November 16, 2023

Acknowledging My Transgression - Psalms 51:3

In Psalms chapter fifty one David said, “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to your lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of your tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin”, and in chapter fifty-one and verse three of Psalms David said, “I acknowledge my transgression”, where we read,

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

The verse begins, For I acknowledge my transgressions:” David began with the words, “for I acknowledge” or “because, since and on account that I, David, know, perceive, discriminate and distinguish ” “my transgressions” which means “my, David's, rebellions, guilt and moral or religious revolt”. David told Jehovah God that he admitted his violations of God's moral and religious law.

The verse continues,and my sin is ever before me.” David added the words, “and my sin” or “and my, David's, error, mistake and violation of God's law” “is ever before me” which means “exists continually, perpetually and always in front and in the presence of me, David”. David said that his wrong, error and mistake was continually and perpetually in front of him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David admitted his sin before Jehovah God. David knew he sinned when he violated God's law of marriage and murder, (See 2 Samuel 11-12) and because he was guilty, he needed God to “cleanse” him from his guilt and shame. God knew everyone has sinned, (See Romans 3:10, 3:23) and without His grace and salvation, no one would be saved. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all people, and when we submit to Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. We must “acknowledge” our sins and ask the LORD Jesus to forgive and cleanse us, and He will pour out His grace and salvation to all who surrender to Him.

Next time David tells God, “Against you, you only, have I sinned”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment