Sunday, November 26, 2023

Hastening My Escape - Psalms 55:8

In Psalms chapter fifty five David wrote, And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse eight of Psalms David said, “I would hasten my escape from the windy storm”, where we read,

I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.

The verse begins, I would hasten my escape ...” David began with the words, “I would hasten” or “I, David, would act quickly, enjoy and be excited for” “my escape” which means “my, David's, flight and running away”. David said he would quickly enjoy and be excited for his running away.

The verse goes on to say, “... from the windy storm and tempest.” David continued with the words, “from the windy storm” or “separate and apart from the wind, mind and spirit of his disturbance, disruption and commotion” “and tempest” which means “and whirlwind or hurricane”. David would rejoice in his “escape” from the torrential disturbance, disruption and whirlwind caused by his enemies' assault.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David desired to make his flight away from his enemy as quickly as possible, and he believed he would be delivered from the disturbance and hurricane like trouble that was in his life. God knew David's situation, and He loved David. David opened his heart up to God, and because He wanted freedom from his situation, “escape” seemed to be his best option. God loves to have this type of relationship with us, and He proved His love to us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for our sins. When we submit to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be available to hear our appeal when enemies and troubles arise.

Next time David says, “Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment