Friday, November 24, 2023

Voices and Oppression - Psalms 55:3

In Psalms chapter fifty five David said, “Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not yourself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse three of Psalms David gave the reason he wanted God to hear him, “Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked”, where we read,

Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked:

for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.

The verse begins, Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked:” David began with the words, “Because of the voice” or “since and on account of the sound, noise and proclamation” “of the enemy” which means “belonging to the hating foe and adversary”, “because of the oppression” or “since and on account of the pressure and constraint” “of the wicked” which means “belonging to people who are criminal, guilty of crime, ungodly and hostile to God”. David said the reason he wanted Jehovah God to listen to his supplication was because of the proclamation of his hating adversaries and the pressure and constraint of people who were ungodly and hostile to God.

The verse continues,for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.” David added the words, “for they cast iniquity” or “because, since and on account that the “enemy and wicked shake and drop evil, sorrow and unrighteousness” “upon me” which means “on me, David”, “and in wrath” or “and within a wrinkling of the nostril, nose or face in anger” “they hate me” which means “the enemy and wicked oppose, retain animosity against and persecute me, David”. David said the “enemy and wicked” drop evil on him, and in their anger they retain animosity against him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David had an “enemy” and people who were “wicked” around him. They performed acts of evil on David, and in their anger they became odious to him. David was a lover of God, and God loved Him. He had a relationship with God that allowed him to come before God any time he desired, especially when a hating for or evil person came around. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus whom He sent into the world to die for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life with Him and be available to us whenever enemies and wicked people come around.

Next time David says, “my heart is sore pained within me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment