Sunday, November 12, 2023

Gather My Saints Together - Psalms 50:5

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph said, Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people”, and in chapter fifty and verse five of Psalms Asaph said, “gather my saints together unto me” where we read,

Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

The verse begins, Gather my saints together unto me;” Asaph began with the words, “Gather my saints together” or “assemble and collect my, Jehovah God's, faithful, kind, godly, holy and pious ones” “unto me” which means “to me, the Divine judge and ruler Jehovah God”. Asaph said Jehovah God desired to assemble the people who were faithful, holy and godly to Himself.

The verse goes on to say,those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.” Asaph continued with the words, “those that have made a covenant with me” or “the people whether male or female who have made an alliance and league alongside me, Jehovah God” “by sacrifice” which means “through the means of slaughter, forfeit and offerings”. Asaph said Jehovah God desires to assemble the people who have made an alliance with Him through their commitment and offerings.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn through Asaph how Jehovah God desires to assemble godly people to Himself, and their position is determined by their commitment and offerings given to Him. God loves people. He created them, and He desires to have an intimate personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus whom He sent to the world to die for their sins. When we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be assembled with Him in Heaven for all eternity. Let us hear the cry and invitation of Jehovah God and give Him praise, honor and glory forever for His Divine invitation to be “gathered” unto Him.

Next time Asaph says,the heavens shall declare his righteousness, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment