Thursday, November 23, 2023

Delivered Out of Trouble - Psalms 54:7

In Psalms chapter fifty four David said, “I will freely sacrifice unto you: I will praise your name, O LORD; for it is good”, and in chapter fifty-four and verse seven of Psalms David said, “for he has delivered me out of all trouble”, where we read,

For he has delivered me out of all trouble: and my eye has seen his desire upon my enemies.

The verse begins, For he has delivered me out of all trouble:” David began with the words, “for he has delivered me” or “because, since and on account that he, Jehovah God, has snatched away, rescued, torn away and saved me, David” “out of all trouble” which means “from each, every, the whole and everyone of his straits, distresses and vexations”. David said the reason he would “freely sacrifice” is because Jehovah God rescued and saved him from every distress and vexation.

The verse goes on to say,and my eye has seen his desire upon my enemies.” David continued with the words, “and my eye” or “and my, David's, physical eye or mental and spiritual faculties” “has seen his desire” which means “has observed, beheld and considered his, Jehovah God's, longing, stretching out and craving” “upon my enemies” or “on my, David's, hating foes and adversaries”. David said his vision both physical and spiritual has observed Jehovah God's craving on his hating foes.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David exalted Jehovah God for his rescue and salvation from each and every one of his distresses and straits, and he observed God's passion and longing in opposition to his hating adversaries. God desires this type of relationship with every person, and He sent His Son Jesus to die for the sins and wrongs of every person. When we submit to Him, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and observe God's deliverance from distresses and His passion against our foes. Let us give praise, honor and glory to God for His wonderful deliverance for us both physically and spiritually in the midst of all our “troubles”.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, “Give ear to my prayer, O God”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment