Thursday, November 23, 2023

Hear My Prayer, O God - Psalms 54:2

In Psalms chapter fifty four David said, “Save me, O God, by your name, and judge me by your strength”, and in chapter fifty-four and verse two of Psalms David said, “Hear my prayer, O God”, where we read,

Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.

The verse begins, Hear my prayer, O God;” David began with the words, “Hear my prayer” or “listen, give attention to and understand my, David's, intercession and supplication”, “O God” which means “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David appealed to Jehovah God to listen and pay attention to his supplication.

The verse continues,give ear to the words of my mouth.” David added the words, “give ear” or “listen, hearken and perceive” “to the words” which means “to the utterances, speech, declarations and sayings” “of my mouth” or “belonging to my, David's, orifice in the face used for drinking, eating and speaking”. David wanted Jehovah God to hearken to his orations and speech.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David prayed to Jehovah God when he was subverted by the Ziphites. When trouble came, David went to the LORD. God knows we will experience difficulties and afflictions, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world not only to identify with us, but also to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world,” (See John 16:33) and when we rely upon, cling to and trust in Him, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and have His attention and “ear” to listen to us when we are in trouble.

Next time David says, “strangers are risen up against me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment