Saturday, November 18, 2023

Restore the Joy of Your Salvation - Psalms 51:12

In Psalms chapter fifty one David told God, “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence; and take not your holy spirit from me”, and in chapter fifty-one and verse twelve of Psalms David told God, “restore unto me the joy of your salvation”, where we read,

Restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and uphold me with your free spirit.

The verse begins, Restore unto me the joy of your salvation;” David began with the words, “Restore unto me” or “return, turn back and refresh to me, David” “the joy of your salvation” which means “the gladness, exultation and rejoicing of your, Jehovah God's, deliverance, rescue, welfare, prosperity and victory”. David beckoned Jehovah God to return to him the gladness and exultation of His rescue and deliverance.

The verse goes on to say,and uphold me with your free spirit.” David continued with the words, “and uphold me” or “and lean upon and support me, David” “with your free spirit” which means “alongside your, Jehovah God's, inclined, willing, noble and generous third person of the triune God who is coequal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son”. David desired Jehovah God to support him with His noble and generous Holy Spirit.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to return to him the gladness and rejoicing he enjoyed with God before His sin with Bathsheba. He needed God to support him with His willing and generous Holy Spirit, and anyone who feels like God is far away from them feels the same. God's desire is to have an intimate personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and because sin separated us from Him, He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross and be resurrected from the dead three days later. When we put our faith and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and “restore” and “uphold” us according to His perfect purpose and design.

Next time David tells God, “then will I teach transgressors your ways”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment