Wednesday, November 29, 2023

When I am Afraid - Psalms 56:3

In Psalms chapter fifty six David said, “Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresses me. My enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O you most High”, and in chapter fifty-six and verse three of Psalms David said, “What time I am afraid, I will trust in you”, where we read,

What time I am afraid, I will trust in you.

The verse begins, What time I am afraid, ...” David began with the words, “What time” or “in the chronicle, period and moment” “I am afraid” which means “I, David, am in fear, awe and terror”. David referred to the time and moment that he was in fear and terror.

The verse goes on to say,I will trust in you.” David continued with the words, “I will trust” or “I, David, shall have faith, confidence and security” “in you” which means “within you, Jehovah God”. David said he would place his confidence and faith in Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David placed his confidence within Jehovah God at the time he was in fear. There is no greater source of power and might than God, and when we put our faith in Him, we may be assured that He is able to protect and defend us against any foe. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life. We may be “afraid” at times, and when we are, let us “trust” in Almighty God who is more powerful than any adversary or circumstance we encounter.

Next time David says, “In God I will praise his word”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment