Friday, November 24, 2023

Attend Unto Me - Psalms 55:2

In Psalms chapter fifty five David said, “Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not yourself from my supplication”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse two of Psalms David said, “Attend unto me, and hear me”, where we read,

Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;

The verse begins, Attend unto me, and hear me:” David began with the words, “Attend unto me” or “be attentive, heed, incline, hearken and listen to me, David”, “and hear me” which means “and answer, respond and speak to me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to hearken to him and answer his cry.

The verse goes on to say,I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;” David continued with the words, “I mourn” or “I, David, roam and am restless” “in my complaint” which means “within my, David's, musing, anxiety and trouble”, “and make a noise” or “and murmur, roar, produce a stir and show disquietude”. David said he shared how he roamed and was restless within his anxiety and trouble, and he murmured, roared and stirred about in a disquiet manner.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David appealed to Jehovah God to be attentive and listen to him. David roamed about in his anxiety and trouble, and he roared in uneasiness and discomposure because of them. God knows we shall have “troubles” in this life, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified for our sins so we may have a personal intimate relationship with Him. God loves us, and although troubles that make us “mourn” and be restless shall come, when we submit to Jesus, we shall be forgiven of our sins, granted eternal life and have the presence of Almighty God with us in every difficulty we encounter.

Next time David gives the reason he wants God to hear him, “Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment