Monday, November 13, 2023

If God Were Hungry - Psalms 50:12

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph shared how Jehovah God said, “Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God. I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. I will take no bullock out of your house, nor he goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine”, and in chapter fifty and verse twelve of Psalms Asaph shared how Jehovah God said, “If I were hungry, I would not tell you” where we read,

If I were hungry, I would not tell you: for the world is mine, and the fullness thereof.

The verse begins, If I were hungry, I would not tell you:” Asaph began with the words, “If I were hungry” or “whether and in case I, Jehovah God, were famished, voracious and suffering from want of food”, “I would not tell you” which means “I, Jehovah God, would in no way or manner speak, utter and avouch to you, people of Israel”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God told the people of Israel if he was in need of food, He would in no way speak to them about it.

The verse continues, for the world is mine, and the fullness thereof.” Asaph added the words, “for the world” or “because, since and on account that the entire earth, land, country, territory, district and region” “is mine” which means “exists as mine, Jehovah God's”, “and the fullness thereof” or “and the entire contents and all which fills the world”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God told the people of Israel that He possesses the “world” and everything within it.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover through Asaph how Jehovah God has no need to inform people if He was in hunger because He owns everything. God created the world and all it's contents. He owns them all. He possesses them all, and He is in control of them all. (See Psalm 24:1) Everything we have is on loan to us, including the relationships we enjoy, and they will return to Him when we leave this earth. God, as great as He is, desires to have an intimate personal relationship with all of us, and when we yield to His Son Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. We who believe in Jesus will enjoy the possessions of God for all eternity.

Next time Asaph shares how Jehovah God asks,Will I eat the flesh of bulls?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment