Monday, November 13, 2023

Call Upon God in the Day of Trouble - Psalms 50:15

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph said, “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay your vows unto the most High”, and in chapter fifty and verse fifteen of Psalms Asaph shared how Jehovah God said, “call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you” where we read,

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

The verse begins, And call upon me in the day of trouble:” Asaph began with the words, “and call upon me” or “and utter a loud sound and cry out to me, the Divine judge Jehovah God” “in the day of trouble” which means “when the period and division of time pertaining to straits, distresses and vexation arise”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God invited the people of Israel to cry out to Him when periods of distresses and vexation enter their lives.

The verse goes on to say,I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” Asaph continued with the words, “I will deliver you” or “I, Jehovah God, shall save, withdraw and rescue you, people of Israel”, “and you shall glorify me” which means “and you, people of Israel, will honor, exalt and adore me, Jehovah God”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God promised to save and rescue the people of Israel when they cry out to Him, and they will respond to Him in adoration and praise.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see through Asaph how Jehovah God wants people to cry out to Him when they experience trouble. His promise is to rescue and save them, and they will respond by giving their praise and adoration to Him. We should remember that those who “cry out” to Him are the people who have offered unto Him “thanksgiving” and kept their promises to Jehovah God. People usually desire help when they are in trouble, but they have no personal relationship with God, and they wonder why He doesn't respond in the way they desire. God loves people, and He offered His greatest help to them when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for their sins. When we yield our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and hear and save us when troubles and difficulties arise. Let all praise, honor and glory be unto Him for His provision for us not only in this life, but also in the life to come.

Next time Asaph shares how Jehovah God asks the wicked,What have you to do to declare my statues?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment