Thursday, November 23, 2023

God is My Helper - Psalms 54:4

In Psalms chapter fifty four David said, “Save me, O God, by your name, and judge me by your strength. Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth. For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul: they have not set God before them. Selah”, and in chapter fifty-four and verse four of Psalms David said, “God is my helper”, where we read,

Behold, God is my helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

The verse begins, Behold, God is my helper:” David began with the word, “Behold” or “lo, look and consider”, “God is my helper” which means “the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God exists as my, David's, succorer, aid and protector”. David called upon his readers and listeners to know that Jehovah God the Divine judge existed as his succorer, protector and aid.

The verse continues,the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.” David added the words, “the Lord is with them” or “Adonay or the master and reverent One exists alongside and beside people both male and female” “that uphold my soul” which means “who support, sustain, refreshes and revives my, David's, inner man, mind, will, life, desire and seat of appetites and passions”. David said the master and reverent One exists alongside the people who support and sustain him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David desired for his readers and listeners to know that Jehovah God was his protection and provision. He said God is with the people who support and sustain him. God desires to be the protection and provision of every person, and that is why He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. Sin separates us from a personal relationship with a Holy God, and without salvation and redemption, no one could stand in His presence. When we put our faith and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our sustainer and supporter along with those who also believe and support us.

Next time David says, “He shall reward my enemies”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment