Sunday, November 19, 2023

Lord Open My Lips - Psalms 51:15

In Psalms chapter fifty one David told God, “Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, you God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness”, and in chapter fifty-one and verse fifteen of Psalms David told God, “O Lord, open you my lips”, where we read,

O Lord, open you my lips; and my mouth shall show forth your praise.

The verse begins, O Lord, open you my lips;” David began with the words, “O Lord” or “O Adonay or master and reverent One”, “open you my lips” which means “draw out, loose and free my, David's, language, speech, and talk”. David appealed to Jehovah God his master and reverent One to free his speech which would allow him to do the following.

The verse continues,and my mouth shall show forth your praise.” David added the words, “and my mouth” or “and my, David's, orifice in his face used for eating, drinking and speaking” “shall show forth your praise” which means “will make known, announce, report, declare and expound your, his Lord Jehovah God's, song or hymn of adoration, thanksgiving, renown, fame and glory”. David said he would announce and declare a song of adoration and thanksgiving to Jehovah God when He “opened” his “lips” and “mouth”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David desired for his “Lord” Jehovah God to free his lips and open his mouth so that he could release a song of adoration and thanksgiving to Him. David felt like his voice was stifled because of his sin, and only when God liberated him to use his voice for praising and honor would he be able to sing again. God desires to free every person who yields to His Son Jesus, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and free our voice to give honor, praise and glory to Him.

Next time David tells God, “you desire not sacrifice”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment