Thursday, November 30, 2023

Wresting My Words - Psalms 56:5

In Psalms chapter fifty six David said, “In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me”, and in chapter fifty-six and verse five of Psalms David said, “Every day they wrest my words”, where we read,

Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

The verse begins, Every day they wrest my words:” David began with the words, “Every day” or “throughout each and the whole of the sunrises to sunsets” “they wrest my words” which means “David's enemies hurt, pain, grieve, vex and torture my, David's, speeches, utterances, answers and messages”. David said throughout “every day” his enemies grieved and vexed his speeches and answers.

The verse goes on to say,all their thoughts are against me for evil.” David continued with the words, “all their thoughts” or “each, every, the whole and everyone of their, David's enemies', devices, plans, purposes and inventions” “are against me” which means “exist as above, beyond and in opposition to me, David” “for evil” or “for bad, disagreeableness, malignancy and unpleasantness”. David said every one of his enemies' plans, purposes and devises were in opposition to him for malignant and bad reasons.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David's enemies were constantly devising and making wicked plans and purposes in opposition to him. “Every day” David had to contend with new plans and purposes set against him, and He knew his only relief would be in his relationship with Jehovah God. God loves people, and He knew what we would endure on the earth. Jesus said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (See John 16:33), and when we submit ourselves to Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and have Him to call upon even when our enemies assault us “every day”.

Next time David says, “they gather themselves together”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment