Monday, November 27, 2023

I Will Call Upon God - Psalms 55:16

In Psalms chapter fifty five David wrote, it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him. But it was you, a man my equal, my guide, and my acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse sixteen of Psalms David said, “I will call upon God”, where we read,

As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.

The verse begins, As for me, I will call upon God;” David began with the words, “as for me” or “from the point of view belonging to me, David”, “I will call upon God” which means “I, David, shall cry out, utter a loud sound, summon and invite the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David said he determined to cry out to the Divine judge Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,and the LORD shall save me.” David continued with the words, “and the LORD” or “and Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “shall save me” which means “will rescue, deliver and give victory to me, David”. David said Jehovah God would rescue and deliver him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David knew to cry out to Jehovah God for rescue and deliverance. No enemy, friend or foe, could come against Jehovah God and be victorious over David, and David relied upon Him to save him from their assault. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal relationship with them through His Son Jesus. He sent Jesus to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, His Holy Spirit comes to live within us and defends and protects us from all enemies. God's intention for us is eternal, and though it may appear for a time that our enemies are victorious, ultimately Jehovah God has determined that all who believe in His Son Jesus shall be saved forever.

Next time David says, “evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment