Saturday, November 25, 2023

Fearfulness and Trembling - Psalms 55:5

In Psalms chapter fifty five David said, “My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse five of Psalms David said, “fearfulness and trembling are come upon me”, where we read,

Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me.

The verse begins, Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, ...” David began with the word, “fearfulness” or “terror, reverence, piety and dread” “and trembling” which means “and shuddering and quivering” “are come upon me” or “are entered, come to pass and been brought on me, David”. David said terror and shuddering entered him.

The verse continues,and horror has overwhelmed me.” David added the words, “and horror” or “and absolute trembling and affright” “has overwhelmed me” which means “has concealed, covered and hidden me, David”. David said absolute fright completely covered him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David was greatly affected emotionally by the pursuit of his enemy. David recognized and admitted the “terror, shuddering and trembling” that entered into him. God created our emotions, and we are sometimes very emotional especially when we are afraid. He wants us to come to Him when we are in terror, and because He is the Almighty God, nothing is more powerful than Him. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross to pay for our sins which separated us from a relationship with Him. When we submit to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be available to us when enemies cause terror, fright and trembling to enter our lives.

Next time David says, “O that I had wings like a dove”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









No comments:

Post a Comment