Thursday, November 30, 2023

Enemies Turn Back When I Cry unto God - Psalms 56:9

In Psalms chapter fifty six David said, “You tell my wanderings: put you my tears into your bottle: are they not in your book?”, and in chapter fifty-six and verse nine of Psalms David said, “when I cry unto you, then shall my enemies turn back”, where we read,

When I cry unto you, then shall my enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

The verse begins, When I cry unto you, then shall my enemies turn back:” David began with the words, “When I cry unto you” or “at the time and moment I, David, utter a loud sound, call and invite you, Divine judge Jehovah God”, “then shall my enemies” which means “at that time will my, David's, hating foes and adversaries” “turn back” or “ go back, return or retreat”. David said when he appealed to Jehovah God his hating foes and adversaries would retreat.

The verse goes on to sayfor God is for me.” David continued with the words, “for God” or “because, since and on account that the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “is for me” which means “is the spokesman and authority over me, David”. David said the Divine judge Jehovah God was on his side.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David called upon Jehovah God to come to his aid, and as He did, God made his enemies retreat. God was “for” David, and He desires to be “for” everyone who will yield to His plan of salvation through His Son Jesus. He sent Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and when we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be on our side against any foe or difficult situation that arises. Let us be among the wise who choose to trust in, rely upon and cling to Jesus as “Savior and Lord”.

Next time David said, “In God will I praise his word”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment