Monday, November 13, 2023

I Will Not Reprove You - Psalms 50:8

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph said, “Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God”, and in chapter fifty and verse eight of Psalms Asaph said, “I will not reprove you for your sacrifices” where we read,

I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

The verse begins, I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, ...” Asaph began with the words, “I will not reprove you” or “I, Jehovah God, shall in no way or manner judge, rebuke and correct you, human beings both male and female” “for your sacrifices” which means “on behalf of your, human beings both male and female, offerings” “or your burnt offerings” or “or your, human beings both male and female, whole sacrifices gone up in smoke”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God said He would not correct or complain against the people who were presented “burnt” offerings to Him.

The verse continues, “... to have been continually before me.” Asaph added the words, “to have been continually” or “as though the sacrifices and burnt offerings were perpetually and continuously” “before me” which means “in front and in the presence of me, Jehovah God”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God referred to the perpetual “sacrifices and burnt offerings” of the people of Israel.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see through Asaph how Jehovah God proclaimed that He would not rebuke, correct or complain against the people of “Israel” for their “sacrifices and burnt offerings” which were constantly offered to Him. In other words, Jehovah God was well aware of the religious activities of the people of Israel. He knew they were going through the motions, and rather than relating to Him through these offerings, they were using them as a pass or religious obligation. God wants a personal relationship with every person, and when they come to Him through His Son Jesus, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life with Him. We have an opportunity to come to Jehovah God through Jesus in righteousness and truth, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord” we fulfill that which Jehovah desires for our lives.

Next time Asaph says,I will take no bullock out of your house, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment