Saturday, November 18, 2023

Create in My a Clean Heart - Psalms 51:10

In Psalms chapter fifty one David told God, “Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities”, and in chapter fifty-one and verse ten of Psalms David told God, “create in me a clean heart”, where we read,

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

The verse begins, Create in me a clean heart, O God;” David began with the words, “create in me” or “shape, form and fashion with new conditions or circumstances within me, David” “a clean heart” which means “a morally and ethically pure inner man, mind, will, understanding, soul, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution and determination”, “O God” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God who is Jehovah”. David appealed to Jehovah God to form and fashion a morally and ceremonially pure inner man and soul within him.

The verse goes on to say,and renew a right spirit within me.” David continued with the words, “and renew a right spirit” or “and repair, make new and rebuild a firm, stable, established, fixed and secure breath, vigor, disposition and desire” “within me” which means “in me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to make new and repair a firm and secure disposition and desire within him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David desired to be cleansed and made new by Jehovah God. He knew his soul was in need of change, and when He appealed to Jehovah God, God could renew Him and put within him a firm and secure disposition and desire. God's desire is to forgive and cleanse everyone from their sins, and when they confess their sins and yield themselves to His Son Jesus, He will give them a new “heart” and a “right spirit”. God loves us, and He wants to forgive our sins, cleanse us from all unrighteousness and grant to us everlasting life with Him. (1 John 1:9)

Next time David tells God, “cast me not away from your presence”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment