Saturday, November 18, 2023

Hide Your Face and Blot Out My Iniquities - Psalms 51:9

In Psalms chapter fifty one David told God, “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which you have broken may rejoice”, and in chapter fifty-one and verse nine of Psalms David told God, “hide your face from my sins”, where we read,

Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.

The verse begins, Hide your face from my sins, ...” David began with the words, “hide your face” or “conceal carefully and secretly your, Jehovah God's, front and presence” “from my sins” which means “apart and separate from my, David's, fault, offense, guilt and punishment of wrong”. David appealed to Jehovah God to keep His presence separate and apart from his error, wrong, mistake, guilt and fault.

The verse continues,and blot out all my iniquities.” David added the words, “and blot out” or “and wipe out, obliterate and exterminate” “all my iniquities” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of my, David's, perversities, depravities, guilts and consequences and punishments for faults, mischiefs and wrongs”. David beckoned Jehovah God to wipe away every one of his perversities and faults.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David wanted Jehovah God to conceal His countenance from His error and wrong, and because they were so prevalent in His mind, he wanted God to wipe away every one of His errors and faults. Guilt and shame are difficult to manage, and we desire to be shed of them as quickly as possible. Although David desired that God conceal Himself from his “sins and iniquities”, God knew them all. He knows our errors, faults and mistakes as well, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for all of them. When we yield ourselves to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and wipe away all our sins, transgressions and guilt. Let all praise, glory and honor be given to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for providing freedom from all guilt and shame as our sins are wiped away.

Next time David tells God, “create in me a clean heart”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment