Monday, November 13, 2023

Hear and I Will Speak - Psalms 50:7

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph said, Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah”, and in chapter fifty and verse seven of Psalms Asaph shared how Jehovah God said, “Hear, O my people, and I will speak” where we read,

Hear, O my people, and I will speak;

O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God.

The verse begins, Hear, O my people, and I will speak;” David began with the words, “Hear, O my people” or “listen, pay attention and give heed, O human beings both male and female who belong to Jehovah God”, “and I will speak” which means “and I, Jehovah God, shall declare, converse, command, promise and talk”. Asaph shared how Jehovah God beckoned “people” to listen and pay attention to Him, and He would make a declaration to them.

The verse goes on to say,O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God.” David continued with the words, “O Israel” or “O Israel whose name means God prevails and is the name of the descendants and the nation of the descendants of Jacob”, “I will testify against you” which means “I, Jehovah God, shall bear witness, invoke, affirm solemnly and admonish toward and in opposition to you, human beings both male and female”: “I am God” or “I, Jehovah God, exist as the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “even your God” which means “also and indeed your, human beings both male and female, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. Asaph continued with Jehovah's words to “Israel” as He told them He would bear witness toward them that He was the Divine judge and even so and indeed the Supreme God and Deity.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how Asaph recorded the words of Jehovah God toward the people of Israel. He desired that they know He was their “Divine judge”. God wants to be the God of every person in the world, and He demonstrated this by sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. Without sin being removed from our lives, we can have no personal relationship with God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for all our sins so we can believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”. God loves us, knows us and desires to be with us for all eternity, and everyone who believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with Him. Let us “listen and pay attention” to the invitation of God and allow Him to be in our lives.

Next time Asaph says,I will not reprove you for your sacrifices, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment