Thursday, November 23, 2023

I Will Freely Sacrifice - Psalms 54:6

In Psalms chapter fifty four David said, “Behold, God is my helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. He shall reward evil unto my enemies: cut them off in your truth”, and in chapter fifty-four and verse six of Psalms David said, “I will freely sacrifice unto you”, where we read,

I will freely sacrifice unto you: I will praise your name, O LORD; for it is good.

The verse begins, I will freely sacrifice unto you:” David began with the words, “I will freely sacrifice” or “I, David, shall spontaneously and voluntarily slaughter, slay and offer and abundant gift” “unto you” which means “to you, Divine judge Jehovah God”. David said he would spontaneously and voluntarily offer to Jehovah God an abundant offering.

The verse continues,I will praise your name, O LORD; for it is good.” David added the words, “I will praise” or “I, David, will give thanks, laud, revere and worship” “your name” which means “your, the Divine judge Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”; “for it is good” which means “because, since and on account that the name of Jehovah God exists as pleasant, agreeable and excellent”. David declared that He would revere, worship and give thanks to Jehovah God's fame, reputation and glory because God's “name” is pleasant and agreeable.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David declared his desire to willingly offer unto Jehovah God and give Him laud and worship according to His fame, reputation and glory. God's “name” is pleasant, agreeable and excellent, and He loves people. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the world, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. We should all “freely sacrifice” unto Jehovah God, and give praise to His “name” because His “name” is indeed “good” toward all of us.

Next time David says, “for he has delivered me out of all trouble”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment