Monday, November 27, 2023

Praying in the Evening, Morning and at Noon - Psalms 55:17

In Psalms chapter fifty five David wrote, “As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, “evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray”, where we read,

Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

The verse begins, Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud:” David began with the word, “Evening” or “during the sunset or dusk”, “and morning” which means “and at the break of day or dawning daylight”, “and at noon” or “and in the middle of the day or midday”, “will I pray” which means “shall I, David, talk, meditate, speak, commune and declare”, “and cry aloud” or “and murmur, growl, roar, mourn, rage, make a noise and be clamorous”. David said in the dusk of the evening, the middle of the day and in the dawn of the morning he would commune and make declarations unto Jehovah God.

The verse continues,and he shall hear my voice.” David added the words, “and he shall hear” or “and he, Jehovah God, will listen, pay attention to and hearken to” “my voice” which means “my, David's, sound or noise of proclamations and words”. David said Jehovah God would listen and pay attention to his words when he prayed.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David made it a habit to pray three times a day. From dawn to dusk David cried out to Jehovah, and He knew God was listening when He spoke. God loves people, and His desire is to “hear” all of them. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we humble ourselves before Him, repent of our sins and ask Him to come into our lives, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we cry out to Him. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus who will listen to us when we cry out in the “evening, morning and at noon”.

Next time David says, “He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment