Wednesday, November 29, 2023

In God I Will Praise His Word - Psalms 56:4

In Psalms chapter fifty six David said, “Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresses me. My enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O you most High. What time I am afraid, I will trust in you”, and in chapter fifty-six and verse four of Psalms David said, “In God I will praise his word”, where we read,

In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

The verse begins, In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust;” David began with the words, “In God” or “in the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “I will praise his word” which means “I, David, shall shine, be boastful, commend and give light toward Jehovah God's speech, utterance, declaration and proclamation”, “in God” or “within the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “I have put my trust” which means “I, David, have place, set, fixed and established my, David's, faith, confidence and security”. David declared that he would give honor and commendation to Jehovah God's utterances and proclamations, and in Him would he be confident and have security.

The verse continues,I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.” David added the words, “I will not fear” or “I, David, shall not be afraid, astonished or terrified at” “what flesh” which means “that which frail and erring man or people” “can do unto me” or “are able to fashion, accomplish and produce toward me, David”. David said he would not be afraid of what people could do to him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David gave honor, glory and thanksgiving to the words of Jehovah God because he put his faith in Him. This caused him not to be afraid of what people would do to him. Jesus said, “fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (See Matthew 10:28), and He came into the world to die on the cross for the sins of everyone. When we put our faith and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. Jesus wants to be our intimate and personal God, and when we trust in Him, we have no need to be afraid of what people do to us.

Next time David says, “Every day they wrest my words”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment