Sunday, November 26, 2023

Not an Enemy that Reproached Me - Psalms 55:12

In Psalms chapter fifty five David wrote, I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest. Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city. Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it. Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “it was not an enemy that reproached me”, where we read,

For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:

The verse begins, For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it:” David began with the words, “for it was not an enemy” or “because, since and on account that the person who was David's hating foe did not exist as a hating adversary” “that reproached me” which means “who defied, taunted, defamed and upbraided me, David”; “then I could have borne it” or “at that time I, David, could have taken, carried, sustained and endured the taunting and defamation of his enemy”. David shared how it was not a hating foe who taunted and defamed him or he would have been able to endure and sustain it.

The verse goes on to say,neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:” David continued with the words, “neither was it he” or “no and not in any way was it the hating adversary” “that hated me” which means “who was utterly odious to me, David” “that did magnify himself against me” or “who became great, promoted and made powerful his own self”; “then I would have hid myself” which means “at that time I, David, would have concealed and made secret my own self” “from him” or “separate and apart from the one who made himself great against him, David”. David shared how it was not a person who was extremely odious toward him, or he would have concealed himself away from him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David identified the person who was being hateful toward him. David was not experiencing this difficulty from a person whom he knew to be an “enemy”, nor was it a person who was previously odious toward him. Otherwise David would have concealed himself from them. We shall see who came against him in such a manner in our next verse, but for now let us realize God was well aware of who came against David. God stood ready to defend and protect David against any hating foe, and when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, He made Himself available to help anyone who surrenders their life to Him. God loves us, and He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life when we humble ourselves, turn from our sins and allow Him to direct our lives. Let all praise, honor and glory be to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ His Son for their provision and protection against all hating adversaries whether known or unknown.

Next time see David says, “it was you, a man my equal, my guide, and my acquaintance”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment