Friday, November 24, 2023

My Heart is Sore Pained - Psalms 55:4

In Psalms chapter fifty five David said, “Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not yourself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise. Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse four of Psalms David said, “my heart is sore pained within me”, where we read,

My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.

The verse begins, My heart is sore pained within me:” David began with the words, “my heart” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, understanding, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination and conscience” “is sore pained” which means “writhes, twists, trembles and travails” “within me” or “inside me, David”. David said his inner man trembled and travailed inside him.

The verse goes on to say,and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.” David continued with the words, “and the terrors of death” or “and the dread, fear and horror pertaining to the expired, deceased and non-living” “are fallen upon me” which means “are settled, lain prostrate and overthrown me, David”. David said the fear and dread of being among the breathless and non-living settled on him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David was affected within his soul by his enemy and the wicked oppressors. David fell into fear, dread and horror because their evil acts were poured out upon him. God loved David, and yet David had to endure such difficulties when he lived. God loves us, and sometimes we too will face “enemies and wicked oppressors”. When they arise, let us remember that God proved His love toward us when He gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be with us during times when enemies, pending death and other fears arise.

Next time David says, “fearfulness and trembling are come upon me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment