Monday, November 13, 2023

Eating Bulls' Flesh or Drinking Goat's Blood - Psalms 50:13

In Psalms chapter fifty Asaph shared how Jehovah God said, “Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God. I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. I will take no bullock out of your house, nor he goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you: for the world is mine, and the fullness thereof”, and in chapter fifty and verse thirteen of Psalms Asaph shared how Jehovah God asked, “Will I eat the flesh of bulls?” where we read,

Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

The verse begins, Will I eat the flesh of bulls, ...” Asaph began with the words, “Will I eat” or “shall I, Jehovah God, consume and devour” “the flesh of bulls” which means “the body or meat belonging to the valiant, stout-hearted, chief and mighty male grazing bulls”? Asaph shared how Jehovah God asked the people of Israel whether they thought He would consume the meat of stout-hearted bulls.

The verse goes on to say, “... or drink the blood of goats?” Asaph continued with the words, “or drink the blood” or “or imbibe the wine or bloodshed” “of goats” which means “belonging to chief or full-grown he-goats or rams”? Asaph shared how Jehovah God asked the people of Israel whether they thought He would imbibe the shed blood of strong he-goats.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see through Asaph how Jehovah God does not need to supply His “food or drink” through people. God has everything available to Him. The sacrifices He commanded were instituted for people to worship Him, and the most important aspect was their obedience rather than the production of food and drink. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we submit to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be our provision and protection forever. God does not need us to provide for Him, but He has provided everything for us and will do so when we surrender to Him.

Next time Asaph says,Offer unto God thanksgiving, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment