Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Delivering My Soul in Peace - Psalms 55:18

In Psalms chapter fifty five David wrote, “As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice”, and in chapter fifty-five and verse eighteen of Psalms David said, “He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle”, where we read,

He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.

The verse begins, He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me:” David began with the words, “He has delivered my soul” or “He, the Divine judge Jehovah God has ransomed, redeemed and rescued my, David's, life, mind, will, desire and seat of emotions and passions” “in peace” which means “in completeness, safety, soundness, welfare, health and prosperity” “from the battle” or “apart and separate from the hostile encounter and war” “that was against me” which means “that existed in opposition to me, David”. David said Jehovah God ransomed and redeemed his inner man, mind, will and heart in completeness and safety apart from the war that was in opposition to him.

The verse goes on to say,for there were many with me.” David continued with the words, “for there were many” or “because, since and on account that there existed a great number and numerous people” “with me” which means “alongside me, David”. David said there were a great number of hating enemies opposed to him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David knew Jehovah God ransomed and redeemed his inner man in a peaceful manner which was separate from the war of enemies opposed to him. God was well aware of what David was going through, and He knows our situations as well. God loves us, and He proved His love toward us by sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. He raised Jesus from the dead three days later, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and redeem us in “peace” in our “battles” regardless of how many people gather themselves against us.

Next time David says, “God shall hear, and afflict them”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment