Sunday, October 22, 2023

A Sword in My Bones - Psalms 42:10

In Psalms chapter forty two David said, “I will say unto God my rock, Why have you forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”, and in chapter forty two and verse ten of Psalms David said, “with a sword in my bones, my enemies reproach me” where we read,

As with a sword in my bones, my enemies reproach me;

while they say daily unto me, Where is your God?

The verse begins, As with a sword in my bones, my enemies reproach me; David began with the words, “As with a sword” or “like and in likeness to a crushing, slaughter or murder cry” “in my bones” which means “within my, David's, essence, limbs, members and external body”, “my enemies reproach me” or “my, hating adversaries and foes taunt, blaspheme, defy, jeopardize, rail upon and upbraid me, David”. David said he felt a murderous cry within his external body while his hating foes taunted and blasphemed him.

The verse continues,while they say daily unto me, Where is your God?” David added the words, “while they say daily unto me” or “during the time David's hating adversaries utter, declare, proclaim and ask day by day to me, David”, “where is your God” which means “in what place or location exists your, David's, Divine judge, ruler or Supreme God”? David said he felt like he had a crushing blow to his body while his hating foes taunted him with the question of “where” his “God” was at this time.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we learn more about how David felt during his time of oppression and depression. He felt like his body was being attacked externally by a murderous “sword” during the time his “hating foes” were upbraiding him by questioning “where” his “God” was. God is omnipresent, and there is no where that He is not. Sometimes we may feel that He is absent, and that can make us wonder if He loves us. God cares deeply about everyone, and He proved it when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind. When we submit our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be with us in every situation we encounter even when others doubt His presence.

Next time David asks,why are you cast down, O my soul?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment